NEWS RELEASE: 28 May 2015
The New Wellhouse Evie Camping-Car – 1st Ford Tourneo Connect Camper Conversion
- The new Wellhouse Leisure Evie – a two-berth camping-car with elevating roof
- 4.8 m long and under 2 m high – perfect size to use as an everyday car
- First camper conversion of the new Ford Grand Tourneo Connect LWB (the car version of the Transit Connect LWB)
- Interior: four travel seats, wardrobe, water container, portable toilet storage, top-loader compressor fridge, and cooker that swivels for cooking inside or outside
- Ford Grand Tourneo Custom standard specification includes: dual sliding side doors, DAB radio with USB, Bluetooth with voice control, and steering wheel controls
- Choice of nine colours and three engines (1.6 TDCi: 95 PS, five-speed manual; 115 PS six-speed manual; 1.6 EcoBoost petrol: 150 PS and automatic transmission)
- Style and Zetec specifications available, plus choice from extensive Ford options list
- On the road prices from £28,500 (Grand Tourneo Connect with Style trim level)
The latest new model to join the Ford range from Wellhouse Leisure is the Evie, a compact, two-berth camping-car with an elevating roof and four seats that’s the size of a car (4.8 m long and under 2 m high), yet perfect for camping and leisure activities too.
It’s the UK’s first camping conversion based on the new Ford Grand Tourneo Connect (long wheelbase), which Wellhouse Leisure chose for its higher comforts and specification over the equivalent commercial Transit Connect version. With a GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) of 2,300 kg, it can be driven with any full UK driving licence.
There’s Style or Zetec trim levels available for the Grand Tourneo Connect, both with DAB radio with USB, Bluetooth and Voice Control, plus steering wheel controls and daytime running-lights. The Zetec also has a heated windscreen and washer jets, rear privacy glass and electrically-operated and heated door mirrors, front fog lights, a 3.5 inch multi-function display, DAB radio/CD, Ford SYNC with Emergency Assistance, air conditioning and lockable glovebox.
There’s a choice of nine colours, all with matching elevating roof, plus an extensive Ford options list to choose from for factory orders. Three of the latest, economical Ford engines are available for the Evie: a 1.6-litre TDCi engine with 95 PS or 115 PS and five and six-speed manuals, respectively; or the punchy 150 PS, 1.6-litre ECOBOOST petrol engine with automatic transmission.
Inside, the Grand Tourneo Connect’s long wheelbase has provided plenty of space for the Wellhouse conversion to include a side kitchen area and wardrobe, leaving room for the standard Ford rear seat so a total of four people can still travel in the Evie.
When camping, the rear seat folds away to create more living space during the day and a double bed at night. If only two travel seats are required, the Evie can be ordered without the rear seat and a longer bench seat down the nearside instead, which can be used as a single berth or still be made up into a double bed.
Despite its compact size, the Evie still has a surprising amount of storage space, including room for a portable toilet, 15-litre water container, plus a fully equipped kitchen with a sink, top-loading compressor fridge and a clever, hinged cooker unit which, thanks to the standard twin sliding side doors, can be rotated to offer the flexibility of cooking outdoors. LED lighting keeps the interior well illuminated at night, while using minimal power from the standard leisure battery.
On the road prices start from £28,500 for the Grand Tourneo Connect with the Style trim level. Options include a side or rear tailgate awning to extend the living space or sleeping accommodation, mains electric hook-up, a 95 W solar panel and an Eberspächer heater.
“We call the new Evie a ‘camping-car’ as it is designed for people who don’t want or need a full sized-campervan, but still want the flexibility of a car to use every day that can double up as a camper for trips away or a comfortable base for outdoor sports and hobbies,” said David Elliott, Managing Director of Wellhouse Leisure.
“The Evie has a fantastic reception when we took it and our other Ford models on a tour of our Ford agents across the UK, and we’ve already sold eight!” David continued.
Full details of the Wellhouse Evie camping-car are available from www.wellhouseleisure.com/ford, or by calling 01484 600416 or by an email to email@example.com. Wellhouse Leisure’s latest news and updates can also be found on Twitter @wellhousecamper, or at Facebook.com/wellhouseleisure.
Notes to editors:
- Wellhouse Leisure is a market leader in everyday, compact campervans, and is also an approved supplier of Reimo parts and accessories for campervan conversions. It was established in 2003 and now produces over 250 vehicles a year from its premises (including a factory, bodyshop and showroom) in Shepley, near Huddersfield, Yorkshire. wellhouseleisure.com
- For more information, or hi-res images, please contact:John at Rawlings Communications: 07847 371436, firstname.lastname@example.org/ford